Decarbonization challenges: A sneak peek at the 2019 Movin’On Summit programming
What is the main issue keeping you up at night, as a sustainable mobility stakeholder? What problem do you need to solve? What roadblock do you need to overcome in order to provide sustainable solutions for the mobility of today and tomorrow?
In this sneak peek at the programming for Movin’On Summit 2019, discover some of the burning questions speakers, panelists and working session experts will address under the Decarbonization and air quality theme.
How can we accelerate the deployment of zero-emission fleets to improve urban air quality?
And how can we improve air quality and citizens’ well-being, specifically in urban areas? Air quality hardly is a new topic, yet some businesses and other entities are still reluctant to take action.
In working sessions such as the one hosted by the World Economic Forum and the one hosted by Porsche, participants and experts will put all hands on deck to find proven quick wins and long term solutions to get the ball rolling.
How can companies, countries and world organizations lead the decarbonization practice?
The effect of climate change can already be felt in some parts of the globe, and there’s no reason to believe it’s about to slow down.
The World Bank’s Guangzhe Chen – the mobility advocate –, will take the stage to address how to tackle climate change.
Business leaders will have to face sustainability related challenges sooner or later, and trust expert Sandra J. Sucher is well-equipped to guide businesses through the grey areas of corporate accountability.
BMW’s Ursula Mathar believes sustainability strategy is closely linked to both economic growth and the promotion of human rights.
A few more questions, for the road
During two and a half days of engaging talks, dynamic panels, practical working sessions and a novel mobility experience, these burning questions might also be addressed:
- What impact on mobility will a 1.5°C earth temperature increase over the next five to 10 years have?
- What are the principle roadblocks to the widespread decarbonization of urban mobility?
- How can we tackle battery, mixed-energy and new technology challenges for multimodal transportation?
Over the next few weeks, we will be announcing sneak peeks of burning questions, working sessions, speakers and panelists. Until then, get to the heart of the matter with our articles on the same theme:
- Fuel is in the air, an article scalable direct air capture.
- Do drivers dream of electric cars, an overview of the next steps to make the electric car attractive.
- The decarbonization tools are ready. Are you? which features five initiatives for your decarbonization toolbox
- A community for decarbonization, the chapter of the Movin’On 2018 Summit Minutes dedicated to decarbonization, which you can read online or download as a pdf.